Thursday 10 November 2011

Why don't consultants say what you want them to?

I pondered this as I left The hospital this evening, I wanted him to tell me everything would be ok and wave some sort of wand...

What he actually told me was this;

My right breast has a normal amount of swelling and my implant still being quite stuck to my chest wall is normal. My pain level is also normal at 6 weeks. My left breast which had to undergo a little more reconstruction has dropped and my implant is very mobile, this isn't as normal but isn't bad. My muscle isn't gripping the implant on that side so hard. So, I asked which breast was the most like my expected outcome; the right answer was the left one and that's the one he said!

My nipples are quite low still though, he seemed to think he had told me he was doing a full mastopexy, in actual fact he told me he would move my nipples up using local anaesthetic. I don't want a mastopexy really, he had written in the notes that he just wanted to adjust my nipple too! Odd that he didn't remember - am I that forgettable?!

I'm feeling much better today and have popped a little bronzer on from Image Skincare, it's a clinician only product and I must say, I really do like it!

Here's today's pics;







Ooo I have just realised I have abs again!

No comments:

Post a Comment